Today is the last day to become a sponsor!
A $200 gift to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital will get you named as a sponsor of our event.
As a sponsor, you will get a banner with your name/logo displayed at the event, on or event shirts, and a link on the sponsor page of our website. You can also supply promo items or brochures to stuff in our player “swag bags”!
If you want to supply an item or service in exchange for sponsorship, we do that too!
Email email@example.com if you want to donate
As if that wasn't enough, today is also the last day to register your team and guarantee event shirts and swag bags for your players. Come tomorrow, the team entry fee also increases. Don't wait any longer, head over to www.wifflefallclassic.com/registration and register your team today!
While the team is out of town, here's your chance to play ball and have some fun at the "Face the Phils" Happy Hour at The Yard at Citizens Bank Park! This first-time event benefits Phillies Charities, Inc., and is being held in partnership with the Philadelphia Inquirer and 94.1 WIP-FM. We will also be in attendance with some swag to giveaway, and allow people to register for the 2018 Wiffle Fall Classic. Hope to see you there!
The event kicks off Tuesday August 21 at 6 p.m. and here's what you get to do:
Benefits Phillies Charities, Inc.
Must be 21 or over to attend
In the event of inclement weather, Face the Phils Happy Hour will be rescheduled for a later date.
Follow link to purchase tickets:
WE do our best to listen to our players and fans, and try to make our tournament enjoyable for everyone. After much thought, we have decided to try some new things for 2018.
First, the biggest change comes with the rule that everyone seems to hate, the foul out rule. New for this year, there will be no more foul outs, the only way you can "foul out" is if you tip the ball and it then hits the zone, similar to a catcher holding onto the foul tip strike 3 in baseball.
Another change will be the overall format of the tournament. All teams will still be guaranteed to play 4 games, but the major difference is that all teams will make the single elimination playoffs. Teams will be broken into groups, play 3 round robin games, and then be seeded into the bracket. Teams that finish 1st in their group will get a 1st and 2nd round bye, and teams that finish 2nd in their group will receive a 1st round bye. With this new format, you can lose all of your round robin games, but still have a chance to win the whole thing!
If you haven't noticed yet, the team entry fee is increasing over time. The earlier you register your team, the less the fee will be.
We hope these changes make the day more enjoyable, and we can't wait to see you all soon.
The 6th Annual Wiffle Fall Classic will take place on Saturday, September 29, 2018 at East Norriton Township Park. Teams are made up of 3 to 5 players, all ages and skill levels are welcome. Registration is now open. New this year, the entry fee will be discounted leading up to the event. The earlier you register your team, the cheaper your entry fee will be. Register today at www.wifflefallclassic.com/registration
When: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Where: East Norriton Township Park, 2501 Stanbridge St, Norristown, PA 19401
Cost: Entry fee will increase leading up to the day of the event. Prices are scheduled as follows:
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 to June 18, 2018
June 19, 2018 to July 9, 2018
July 10, 2018 to September 18, 2018
September 19, 2018 to September 26, 2018
We would like to thank everyone that made the 5th Annual Wiffle Fall Classic one of our best tournaments yet. Our sincerest thanks goes out to all of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and the players who came out.
We were blessed with a gorgeous day, and the event went very well once the ball got rolling.
20 teams came out to compete, and everyone was able to play 4 round robin games. We then had a 8 team playoff in which the B&E Sporstwear sponsored team edged out the Philthy M&M's in a 20 inning marathon.
Mike Heine of Wiffle This won The Moonshot Bats Home Run Derby, and The Goathouse won the team home run derby contest.
In the end, we were able to raise $3,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
We are already looking forward to next year! Tentatively, we are looking to have our event on the first Saturday of the Fall each year, which would be Saturday, September 22, 2018.
As we always look to improve our tournament, I can also let it be known that next year will have a major rule change... NO FOUL OUTS!
We appreciate the effort and kind words from everyone, and hope to see you all again in the years to come. For those that missed this year, we hope to see you again soon.
Be sure to join our mailing list to stay up to date on all future news. Please help us spread the word by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and by telling your friends and family to get their teams ready for next year.
Thank you again,
Wiffle Fall Classic
As we are getting everything finalized for Saturday, there are a few things that we still need to finalize. One thing we don't have to worry about is the weather! It's going to be a gorgeous day for some Wiffs!
With this year's format, it is extremely important to let us know your team's status by Friday morning. We understand that things come up, and teams can't always make the day, when they registered 3 months ago. All we ask is to let us know. When the schedule is finalized, if a team "no-shows" then 3 other teams will not have a game to play, and we want to make sure that all teams have the full fun of playing 4 games throughout the day. This is also important if your team is not registered, or on the waiting list. (Click here and scroll to bottom of page to view)
If you are not playing in this year's tournament, you can still support the 2017 Wiffle Fall Classic and purchase an event shirt. All orders must be in by Sunday, September 10, 2017. Shirts will be available for pickup the day of the event , or mailed by the end of September. Just click the link below to order your shirt today!
Wiffle Is Coming!
The Wiffle Fall Classic is almost here! With only 3 weeks left to get you and your team registered for this year’s tournament, and only 7 team spots remaining, time is certainly running out fast. Don’t be left out or put on the waiting list, get your team registered today.
We had another team sponsor contest start today. A very special “Thank You” to B&E Sportswear for their sponsorship. To enter the contest, find us on Facebook and Twitter, and like, share/retweet, and comment on the post/tweet with 3 names of people you would like to play with. It’s that easy! The winner will be announced next week.
If you would like to sponsor a team, our August special is still going strong. For only $150, you can sponsor a team, and get your logo/name on our event shirt and website. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and make a check out to:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
and mail to:
Wiffle Fall Classic
752 Mancill Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
We are looking forward to another great day of Wiffle with you!
In the past 4 years of the Wiffle Fall Classic, we have come up short on reaching our maximum number of teams. This year, we want to do all that we can to reach the 30 team maximum. With that being said, we now have a special offer for sponsors.
For the month of August, we are going to offer our Silver Level Sponsorship ($250) benefits for only $150!
With that, you will receive:
This is also a great way to get an entry into the tournament! Find the sponsor yourself and get to play for free. Ask your family, friends, your boss, co-workers, or even walk into your favorite store and ask if they can help.
We looking forward to another fun filled day of Wiffle® in the fall with you.
If you are like my family, the 4th of July means being with family, enjoying the sun with a cold beer in your hand, and playing the family friendly version of Wiffle ball that most of us know and love. If you are looking for the fast pitch style with the big barrel bats, lookup Palisades or GoldenStick Wiffle Ball Leagues. 4th of July Wiffs is all about "FUN" so leave the $200 bat and scuffed balls at home. With that being said, here are some rules to use for your 4th of July Wiffle games.
1. Fourth of July Wiffle ball games do not have a schedule or set # of innings until it's determined how many people are playing. If there are more than 6 people, play some 6 inning games, with 3 people per team. If there are not enough people to call "winners" then just mix up the teams.
2. Get as many games in on one day as possible. The average Wiffle player has the athletic ability to play 10 games in one day, but the following morning, may not be able to get out of bed.
3.Get your ground rules straight. Explain what part of the house is fair or foul, what bush marks the doubles line, and what the rule is for the ball that is bounces off the dog in foul territory and then hits the tree being used as the foul pole.
4. Forget base running, it's not needed and will only tire out those in peak Wiffle athletic form faster. The idea is to enjoy the game and be as lazy as possible while enjoying it. Base running means having to have an official, and the best Wiffle games have no umpire. Keep it simple. Hit the ball and walk away. If you happen to hit a moonshot, a bat flip and trot around the bases to embarrass the pitcher is fully encouraged. When it comes to enjoying the game while being as lazy as possible, a very effective defense on the infield is simply laying down.
5. Wiffle ball is a rain or shine sport. The winds can play havoc on a pitcher, or cause a homerun to become an infield flyball. Deal with it.
6. Having your beer in hand or on the field of play is expected. Just know that if your beer is knocked over, you will be ridiculed by opponents and your own teammates.
7. Have a "Rooster Rule". Use a landmark between the batter and the pitcher, like a statue of a rooster, to determine when a ball is in play or a foul ball.
8. If you bunt in Wiffle ball, you will receive the "Pete Rose" and be banned for life. No appeal will ever be heard.
9. Have a strike zone. It can be a pitch back, the popular beach chair, a piece of plywood, or an official zone from league or tournament. That moment when you are on the mound and get the batter looking for the 3rd out of an inning, earns a walk off like Conor McGregor after knocking someone out.
10. If you are the batter and are caught looking to strike out with the bases loaded, be prepared for the insults to end only after you win a game on a walk off home run.
11. When you are in the field and a batter swings and misses, it is mandatory to thank him for the breeze he just created.
12. Giving up a home run is more than enough justification to throw at the next batter's head.
13. Set a number of balls for walks. There is always that one guy who will simply throw slop to the big hitter until he gets frustrated and swings at the ball 10 over his head.
14. If you are throwing the ball hard, you're playing the wrong game. Go play in a league, give up 10 homeruns and then come back to the family game. Slow it down Baby Nolan...
15. Only play with the official WIFFLE balls and yellow Wiffle bats. Playing with anything else is not Wiffle, it's a toddler game.
16. Don't scuff up the ball or tape the barrels of the bats. Brand new, right out the box, no modifications if the proper way to play. If you need to take a steak knife to ball to make it curve, then you can't throw a curve.
17. Rotate the pitchers. Everyone on the team has to pitch. Yes, even grandpa. His knuckle balls and Eephus pitches will drive you insane.
18. If you bring any type of glove to a Wiffle game, batting or fielding, the "Pete Rose" will apply. (Read rule #8 for clarification)
19. If a man happens to be hit in the private area, you can laugh. People have won thousands of dollars on videos of men being hit in the groin by that piece of plastic. It's funny, and they will walk it off soon enough.
20. The most important rule of Wiffle: Have fun. It's not a serious game, it's a plastic bat and ball. No matter how bad the Phillies are, they still won't sign you to a deal because you went 19-20 on the day with 12 home runs.
To celebrate the 4th of July, we will have a reduced price on our entry fee for the 5th Annual Wiffle Fall Classic. Sign your teams up today. The sale ends July 5. We hope to see you on Saturday, September 23, 2017.