2018 Moonshot Home Run Derby
Mike Heine - 2017 WFC Moonshot Home Run Derby Champion
- Home Run Derby will take place throughout the day.
- There will be a schedule for teams to compete in the Home Run Derby during the Round robin portion of the tournament. During your team's scheduled time, all players will have a free $5 entry, but you can upgrade your bat for an additional cost.
- After all teams have finished a round in the derby, it will open up to any individuals present, or anyone else who wants another shot.
- There is no maximum for how many times you can enter, but only your best single session will count.
- Participant picks their own pitcher and MUST have a Wiffle Fall Classic scorekeeper with them.
- Players have 7 outs to hit as many home runs as they can
- A home run is any ball that goes over the fence fair, the scorekeeper will determine fair and foul balls.
- Any swing that does not result in a home run is an out
- Entry Fee is based on the bat you wish to use
- $5 - standard yellow Wiffle bat
- $10 - Moonshot Stik
- $20 - Big Barrel Moonshot or Screwball bat
- Bats will be provided, but you can use your own bat. Tournament director will decide if suitable and the cost to use ($5, $10, $20)
- The last call for entrants will take place during the 2nd round of the playoffs
- The Home Run Derby will close after the 2nd round of the playoffs is complete..
- The top 3-5 players with the most home runs in a single session (7 outs) will get an additional 5 outs. The player with the COMBINED highest home run total will be declared the Champion.
- Whatever bat the player used to qualify is the bat he uses in the finals.
This year's Home Run Derby Champion will take home
The Greatest Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby Championship Belt ever created!
(belt must be returned the following summer)