2018 Moonshot Home Run Derby
Mike Heine - 2017 WFC Moonshot Home Run Derby Champion
- Home Run Derby will take place throughout the day.
- There will be a schedule for teams to compete in the Home Run Derby during the Round robin portion of the tournament. During your team's scheduled time, all players will have a free $5 entry, but you can upgrade your bat for an additional cost.
- After all teams have finished a round in the derby, it will open up to any individuals present, or anyone else who wants another shot.
- There is no maximum for how many times you can enter, but only your best single session will count.
- Participant picks their own pitcher and MUST have a Wiffle Fall Classic scorekeeper with them.
- Players have 7 outs to hit as many home runs as they can
- A home run is any ball that goes over the fence fair, the scorekeeper will determine fair and foul balls.
- Any swing that does not result in a home run is an out
- Entry Fee is based on the bat you wish to use
- $5 - standard yellow Wiffle bat
- $10 - Moonshot Stik
- $20 - Big Barrel Moonshot or Screwball bat
- Bats will be provided, but you can use your own bat. Tournament director will decide if suitable and the cost to use ($5, $10, $20)
- The last call for entrants will take place during the final Round Robin Games
- The Home Run Derby will close after the final Round Robin game is complete.
- The top 3 players with the most home runs in a single session (7 outs) will get an additional 5 outs. The player with the COMBINED highest home run total will be declared the Champion.
- Whatever bat the player used to wualify is the bat he uses in the finals.